Thursday 17 May 2012

17th May 2012

Aston's Day:

Feel like absolute crap today.  It is impossible revising when you have such a bad headache. On the upside this is what I learn today:

There are 3 phases to cellular respiration,  Glycolysis, The citric cycle(krebs cycle) and the electron transport train.  Glycolysis which occurs in the matrix of a mitochondria turns glucose into 2 pyruvates.  2 ATP and 2 NADH2 are produced.  These then go into the krebs cycle.  Which uses the 2 ATP and makes 4.  So we are a net gain of 2.  Double this for the 2 pyruvates and you get 4 ATP. 

All I know is I better have a question on cellular respiration or I am doomed.

Rio's Day:

Rio woke up and decided I wasn't allowed a lie in today so kindly sprung around on my face until I got up and took him out.  Then did a bit of sleeping and chewing on his massive bone which we bought him.  Took him out for a lovely long walk today.  Of course it started raining as soon as we left the flat but he was going out regardless.  We got home and Rio thought it would be funny if he could dig out some lucozade energy tablets.  Luckily I think he only managed to eat half of one before I found him out.  We then both crashed out for a couple of hours.

Really hoping this exam goes well tomorrow.

Wish me luck 

Ciao xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment